Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator in the UCLA Brain Tumor Imaging Laboratory (BTIL) , the Research Assistant will manage and coordinate the logistical and administrative aspects of clinical research studies for the Lab, which includes organization, management, scheduling, interacting with patients and reporting of trial data in multiple prospective neuroimaging research studies. The SRA will also aid in processing and organization of both clinical and research-related neuroimaging data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of professional research or analytical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use computer software for word processing, data tabulation, and graphing.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction to communicate diplomatically and effectively with faculty, patients, physicians, collaborators, researchers, and other University staff.
- Ability to function as a team member yet still able to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and skill in setting priorities to meet rigorous deadlines and adapting to changes.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of image processing.
- Experience in human and/or animal imaging using diffusion MRI, perfusion MRI, MR spectroscopy, CEST, or hyperpolarized MRI.
- Experience and working knowledge of various workstations (e.g.. Freesurfer, FSL, MATLAB, AFNI, SPM, Vital Images, Osirix, Visage, Siemens Syngo) to process and generate high-quality multimodal neuroimages.
- Be able to use dedicated CAD packages/pipelines for specific processing (e.g. Bash or python pipelines containing FSL, Freesurfer, AFNI, MATLAB, R, or SPM scripts) required.