Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator in the UCLA Brain Tumor Imaging Laboratory (BTIL) , the incumbent will work independently to process clinical and research-related neuroimaging data sets, segment neuropathology for analyses, and produce reconstructed and/or post-processed images. The incumbent will investigate new imaging techniques and implement current state-of-the-art techniques for acquiring functional, structural, metabolic, and/or spectroscopic imaging data in neuropathologies including primary brain tumors (glioblastoma), neurotrauma and spinal trauma, chronic pain disorders, schizophrenia, mood disorders, and epilepsy. The incumbent will also help consent patients, acquire data, analyze data, and generate reports for data in prospective neuroimaging research trials within the BTIL and CVIB. Coordinate and monitor image processing requests and deadlines. Maintain a clinical database of images processed for the various sections.
- PhD (preferred) or MS (preferred) in Biomedical Physics, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or a related biological/physical science field.
- Knowledge in image processing.
- Ability to use computer software for word processing, data tabulation, and graphing.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with other researchers, vendors, suppliers, and maintenance engineers.
- Experience in human and/or animal imaging using diffusion MRI, perfusion MRI, MR spectroscopy, CEST, or hyperpolarized MRI.
- Experience with FreeSurfer, AFNI, SPM, MATLAB, FSL, and other neuroimaging software platforms preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of various workstations (e.g.. Freesurfer, FSL, MATLAB, AFNI, SPM, Vital Images, Osirix, Visage, Siemens Syngo) to process and generate high quality multimodal neuroimages.
- Be able to use dedicated CAD packages/pipelines for specific processing (e.g. Bash or python pipelines containing FSL, Freesurfer, AFNI, MATLAB, R, or SPM scripts).